Monday, October 10, 2011

HOW DO I GET A GREAT PICTURE?

 is your CAMERA READY & in a CONVENIENT location?
                                        (EASY ACCESS AT THE DROP OF A HAT?)  
          
               - battery, no..... BATTERIES CHARGED!!
                        - sufficient CF card & previous photos downloaded/backed-up then deleted
                                - (optional): tripod stand and/or stick
                                       -(optional) HD video/ still camera on hand
                                            -clean lense


This is one of those shots I could not believe I got!
LEARN TO SEE
AKA: anticipated his next move - the camera is
always in the room where he plays just an arm length away.

Isaac rolled under here for a split second, peeked at me
and immediately rolled out. I DIDN'T THINK I GOT
ANYTHING WHEN I TOOK THE PICTURE. 
MAN WAS I SURPRISED.

LEARN TO SEE
learn to see colors within colors; parts of wholes; shapes within objects; angles & perspective; "anticipate" for example,  the flight of a bird; relax and enjoy the process.....etc. etc.
     -willingness to bend, lie down, whatever it takes....dirt/wind/rain.. doesn't matter
           -playful, fun, serious, time doesn't matter, patience, boldness..you get the idea.
                - never get discouraged, play with your camera and just enjoy the taking
                    -adventurous spirit 
                         -spontaneity 
                              -ITS NOT ABOUT YOU but everything OUT THERE

AND MY WORST NIGHTMARE? IS, FORGETTING TO TURN IT ON!!! AND I MISS THE PICTURE...man, do you know how many times I do it immediately laughing at myself....man...''turn it on Suzie, dahhh"



              

No comments: