Monday, November 14, 2011

PASTELS: My First Try


ASSIGNMENT: learn pastels: paint my 2 adirondack chairs in a scene in my yard. THAT WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO THINK ABOUT...I saw an apple in the kitchen with beautiful leaves still attached so I asked the teacher if I could do that instead. ''YES." Thus began the apple and leaves....well, that morphed into the crazy hair-brained idea to practice ''a hand'' and of course that means its Eve's hand (my hand.) I didn't plan a background/composition so the problem presented: WHAT TO DO WITH THE BACKGROUND? man. I made up what is in the second picture and DO NOT LIKE IT. 

So, this is a work in progress or I might just put it away and chalk it up (ha ha- get the joke ''chalk'' ) as a practice of pastels...I DO LIKE THE RESULTS THOUGH OF THE APPLE.
PASTELS ARE NOT MY CHOICE OF MEDIUM AT THIS TIME.


No comments: