Friday, November 25, 2011

YOUR HAND HOLDS ME FAST

Somehow I erased my entry. 
will have to re-enter later..man...and I liked it. 
Ps. 121: 1-4 and Ps. 139: 1-12
both Psalms fully memorized b/c I need(ed) it**: do you need words during difficult
times to try and plunge through dark times.....take a look at the entirety of both Psalms.
(colored pencil: a practice lesson)

I really liked how the fingernail came out: very surprised actually that it looks kinda real. There is
hope yet for exploring this medium.
_______________________
**"b/c I need(ed) it": I have come back July 2012 to explain what I mean by that statement to encourage anyone about memorization. Now I know there will those who balk at this and just say my brain did this b/c I wanted/needed so badly to memorize it so it happened. But, I know me, I know my limitations and I know what I know..how do you explain the unexplainable that ''you know is true.?" 

Okay: During a very dark length of time the lines of Psalm 139 were like a balm to my soul; the words were a life-line to hold me from sinking deeper. I wrote it all down on paper and went for a very tearful
walk. With paper in hand I told the Lord how I need this "Psalm 139"…
So I set out and walked for what I discovered later was 40 min. and had it all set to memory; like fluid it  could roll off my tongue aloud or in my head and it was in my soul..how do you explain when something is in your deep down spiritual place…your soul.? And I have had that still today along with all of Psalm 121 (a thankful praising psalm etc.)…when times get tough…...God gave the words to me.
And when I force myself to know it/say it I cannot completely unless I am in need….

I have tried to memorize other things with some success. I have found that I can only memorize what I truly need and I know it is not from me; you can say it is this or that scientifically/psychologically and explain it away. .....but it is the Lord who gives…..so hopefully i explained that well. Ask.

No comments: